SmartLipo in Philadelphia, PA
See us for smartLipo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Maple Shade, New Jersey, Bala Cynwyd , Pennsylvania, and the surrounding areas. The Falcone Center for Functional, Cosmetic and Integrative Medicine offers SmartLipo™ to residents interested in cosmetic surgery
SmartLipo™ is one of the latest advances in liposuction technology. SmartLipo™, which was originally pioneered in Europe, was the first generation of laser-assisted liposuction treatments on the market. It received FDA approval in mid-November of 2006 and since then has become the market leader in laser-assisted liposuction. *SmartLipo™ utilizes a unique laser that both liquefies fat cells and tightens skin without the mechanical trauma associated with traditional liposuction*.
The advantages of SmartLipo™ over traditional liposuction are that this procedure is done under local anesthesia while you are completely awake, with no stitches, minimal bruising, and minimal-to-no downtime. This procedure is ideal for smaller body areas of concentrated fat and can be used on all body areas including the abdomen, back, legs, arms, and neck.
SmartLipo™ uses a unique laser that liquefies the fat cells and destroys them*. Simultaneously, the laser tightens the skin to avoid the appearance of “hanging skin” often seen after liposuction. The result is a much improved, smoother result.
In general, SmartLipo™ as a single treatment is ideal for patients who are in good health and within 25 pounds of their ideal weight, have one or more body areas of local fat deposits where exercise and/or diet has had little or no effect, and are motivated to rid themselves of these fatty areas*. If you have more than 25 pounds to lose, Dr. Falcone will often combine the procedure with another technology to ensure that all deeper fat is removed. SmartLipo shines in its ability to tighten the skin and liquefy small pockets of fat. When combined with Vaser Liposelection or Body Jet Liposuction for deeper fat removal, SmartLipo provides for enhanced skin tightening for a superior result.
For more information regarding SmartLipo™, please visit these pages:
- Understanding the Cost of SmartLipo™, VASER® LipoSelection and Body-Jet Liposuction
- SmartLipo™, VASER® LipoSelection, and Body-Jet Liposuction vs. CoolSculpting® and SculpSure™
- SmartLipo™ FAQ
- SmartLipo™ Before and After Pictures
What exactly is laser-assisted liposuction (also known as liposculpture)?
Liposculpture is a minimally invasive procedure that literally removes and sculpts fat deposits while you are awake. Unlike traditional liposuction, new liposculpture techniques do not require general anesthesia or IV sedation. The procedures take approximately two to three hours. Because VASER® and SmartLipo™ technologies liquefy fat prior to suctioning, there is less bruising and enhanced skin tightening over traditional liposuction techniques.
Who is a good candidate for the SmartLipo™ procedures?
If you have small areas of unwanted fat that will not improve with diet and exercise or you need skin tightening in treated areas, then you may want to consider SmartLipo™. Ideal candidates are men and women in good health and of normal body weight. If you need to lose additional weight, we offer several different weight loss programs to assist you in further achieving the contour you desire. Dr. Falcone has been practicing weight loss medicine since 2006 and SmartLipo™ since 2007. She is committed to helping you achieve the contour you desire.
Does SmartLipo™ treat cellulite?
Cellulite can often be worsened with traditional liposuction methods. SmartLipo™ provides a unique advantage and may improve cellulite to a certain degree. When passed underneath the skin, the SmartLipo™ laser will stimulate collagen production for up to three months post treatment. As collagen grows, the overlying skin will begin to tighten. Some patients experience as much as 50% skin tightening with use of the SmartLipo™ laser. At The Falcone Center for Functional, Cosmetic and Integrative Medicine, we recommend a combination of Cellulaze™ cellulite reduction treatment and SmartLipo™ for patients wanting optimal results.
How many treatments will I need?
For most patients, typically only one treatment is required. The sessions last approximately one hour per treated area*.
If I have a larger area of accumulated fat, will SmartLipo™ help?
SmartLipo™ can safely be combined with VASER® Liposelection, Custom Acoustic Liposuction, or Body Jet Liposuction to get rid of large areas of accumulated fat. You will have the skin tightening effects of SmartLipo™ along with the larger desired volume reduction capable with our other technology. Using both advanced technologies allows for maximum skin tightening and volume reduction with no additional risk or downtime.
Do I have to do anything pre-treatment?
- Blood tests are required two weeks prior to treatment.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the office.
- Fill the prescription and take medications as outlined by our staff prior to treatment.
- If you take a blood thinner (baby aspirin, Coumadin, Plavix, etc.) please let us know as this affects your care and post-surgical treatment.
- Do not use aspirin, ibuprofen (i.e., Advil, Aleve, Motrin, etc.), steroids, or anti-inflammatory medications other than Tylenol within two weeks of the procedure. Also discontinue all multivitamins, St. John’s wort, Ginkgo Biloba, Fish Oil, or Omega-3 Fatty acid supplements.
- We recommend that you refrain from all alcohol consumption one week prior to treatment.
- Drink large amounts of water (1-2 quarts per day) for one week prior to your procedure.
- Please bathe the day of the procedure and do not apply any creams or make-up.
- Wear comfortable dark clothes.
What can I expect post-treatment?
- After the treatment, you will need to wear a compression garment for approximately two weeks depending on the area being treated.
- You should refrain from hot tubs, ocean water, or bathtubs for 4 week’s post treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for two week’s post treatment. You can advance your activity after two weeks as tolerated.
- Antibiotics will be prescribed beginning one day before treatment and will continue for up to 10 days post treatment to avoid infection.
- Light massage to the treated area can begin 10-12 days post treatment.
- Continuous improvement may be seen over a six-month period*.
Are there any contraindications to treatment with VASER® or SmartLipo™?
- Significant systemic illness or illness to the area of treatment
- Medical history for occult systemic illness
- Pregnancy or recent pregnancy within the past 3 months
- Recent abdominal surgery or disorders of the lower abdomen (i.e., hernia, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, spastic colon, etc.) for patients desiring abdominal contouring
Our Experience Makes the Difference
Dr. Falcone is dedicated to helping you look and feel better both inside and out.
What Is the Cost of SmartLipo™ in Philadelphia, PA?
Additional Body Contouring Procedures
Additional Liposuction Treatments
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
To begin weighing your options, you need to schedule a one-on-one appointment. Our goal is information and communication. During your one-on-one consultation, we will discuss your concerns and develop a treatment plan designed specifically for you.
As the director of The Falcone Center for Functional, Cosmetic and Integrative Medicine, Dr. Victoria Falcone’s vision is to bring her patients the most advanced cosmetic treatments and techniques to help maintain and restore a more youthful appearance. Board certified with a decade’s worth of experience in Cosmetic Medicine and licensed to practice medicine by both the Pennsylvania and New Jersey State Medical Boards, she has specialty training in Laser and Aesthetic Medicine, Functional and Integrative Medicine, Liposuction Surgery, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Medical Weight Loss, Neuromuscular Medicine, Nutrigenomics, Music Therapy and Cranial Osteopathy. Please call today to schedule your free initial consultation!
Scheduling and Cancellation Policy
A $1500 deposit is required at the time of scheduling your liposuction procedure. You have 48 hours after making the deposit to cancel the appointment and receive a full refund. After 48 hours, there are no refunds of the deposit but surgery appointments can be moved to another date as long as you are more than 2 weeks prior to the surgery.