The Falcone Center for Functional and Cosmetic Medicine offers SmartLipo™ to residents interested in cosmetic surgery. Our professionals provide smartLipo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Bala Cynwyd , Pennsylvania, Maple Shade, New Jersey, and the surrounding areas.
SmartLipo™ is one of the latest advances in liposuction technology. SmartLipo™, which was first developed in Europe, was the first generation of liposuction with laser assistance. It was FDA-approved in late 2006 and since then has become the top choice for laser-assisted liposuction. *SmartLipo™ utilizes a unique laser that simultaneously tightens skin while liquefying fat cells without the mechanical trauma associated with traditional liposuction*.
The advantages of SmartLipo™ over traditional liposuction are that this procedure is done under local anesthesia while you are completely awake, with no stitches, minimal bruising, and minimal-to-no downtime. This procedure is ideal for smaller body areas of concentrated fat and can be used on all body areas including the abdomen, back, legs, arms, and neck.
SmartLipo™ harnesses the power of a unique laser to liquefy and destroy fat cells*. The laser simultaneously tightens skin to prevent the presence of “hanging skin” that often accompanies liposuction. The result is a much improved, smoother result.
In general, SmartLipo™ as a single treatment may be a good option for patients who generally healthy and within 25 pounds of their ideal weight, have areas of localized fat deposits that have been unresponsive to diet and/or exercise, and are motivated to rid themselves of these fatty areas*. If you have more than 25 pounds to lose, Dr. Falcone will often combine the procedure with another technology to ensure that all deeper fat is removed. SmartLipo shines in its ability to tighten the skin and liquefy small pockets of fat. When combined with Vaser Liposelection or Body Jet Liposuction for deeper fat removal, SmartLipo provides for enhanced skin tightening for a superior result.
For more information regarding SmartLipo™, please visit these pages:
- Understanding the Cost of SmartLipo™, VASER® LipoSelection and Body-Jet Liposuction
- SmartLipo™, VASER® LipoSelection, and Body-Jet Liposuction vs. CoolSculpting® and SculpSure™
- SmartLipo™ FAQ
- SmartLipo™ Before and After Pictures
What exactly is laser-assisted liposuction (also known as liposculpture)?
Liposculpture is a procedure to remove fat deposits and sculpt areas with minimally invasive techniques and without IV sedation or general anesthesia. Unlike the traditional approach to liposuction, these liposculpture techniques allow you to be awake. On average, the procedure requires two to three hours. There is less bruising and more skin tightening benefits associated with this procedure as VASER® and SmartLipo™ techniques liquefy fat before any removal.
Who is a good candidate for the SmartLipo™ procedures?
If you have small areas of unwanted fat that will not improve with diet and exercise or you need skin tightening in treated areas, then you may want to consider SmartLipo™. Ideal candidates are men and women in good health and of normal body weight. If you need to lose additional weight, we offer several different weight loss programs to assist you in further achieving the contour you desire. Dr. Falcone has been practicing weight loss medicine since 2006 and SmartLipo™ since 2007. She is committed to helping you achieve the contour you desire.
Does SmartLipo™ treat cellulite?
Cellulite can often be worsened with traditional liposuction methods. SmartLipo™ offers a unique advantage as it may improve the appearance of cellulite. As it passes under the skin, the SmartLipo™ laser initiates collagen production that may last up to three months after treatment. This collagen formation encourages tighter skin. The SmartLipo™ laser may achieve up to 50% skin tightening results for some patients. At The Falcone Center for Functional and Cosmetic Medicine, to achieve optimal results we recommend a combination of Cellulaze™ cellulite reduction treatment and SmartLipo™.
Will I need more than one treatment?
Only one treatment per area is usually required for most patients. Each session requires one hour for each area treated*.
If I have a larger area of accumulated fat, could SmartLipo™ help?
For large areas of accumulated, SmartLipo™ may be safely combined with Body Jet Liposuction, Custom Acoustic Liposuction, or VASER® Liposelection. This offers the skin tightening benefits of SmartLipo™ along with the larger desired volume reduction possible with our other techniques and technologies. Using both advanced technologies allows for maximum skin tightening and volume reduction with no additional risk or downtime.
Do I have to do anything pre-treatment?
- Blood analysis tests must be completed two weeks before your procedure.
- Make transportation arrangements to and from our facility.
- Following the outlined recommendations of our staff, please fill the prescriptions and take the proper medications before treatment.
- As blood thinners (Coumadin, baby aspirin, Plavix, etc.) can impact your care and post-procedure treatment, please let us know if you take any.
- Do not use anti-inflammatory medications (other than Tylenol), ibuprofen (i.e., Advil, Aleve, Motrin, etc.), aspirin, or steroids within two weeks of the procedure. Also avoid all types of multivitamins, Fish Oil, Ginkgo Biloba, Omega-3 fatty acid supplements, or St. John’s wort supplements.
- For the week before your treatment, we recommend avoid consuming all alcohol.
- Drink large quantities of water (1-2 quarts per day) for one week prior to your procedure.
- On the day of the procedure, please bathe but refrain from applying any creams or makeup.
- Wear clothing that is dark and comfortable.
What can I expect after treatment?
- Following treatment, you should wear a compression garment. Although it depends on the area treated*, most people wear the garments for around two weeks.
- Avoid hot tubs, bathtubs, or ocean water for 4 weeks after your treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for two weeks after your treatment. You can gradually advance your activity level after this two week period.
- To avoid infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics to begin one day before treatment and last for up to 10 days after treatment.
- Light massage to the treatment area may begin 10-12 days after treatment.
- Continuous improvement of the treatment area may be seen over a six-month period*.
Are there any factors or conditions that prevent VASER® or SmartLipo™?
- Significant systemic illness or illness in the treatment area
- Personal medical history of occult systemic illness
- Pregnancy or recent pregnancy (within the last 3 months)
- Recent disorders of the lower abdomen (i.e., Crohn’s disease, hernia, spastic colon, ulcerative colitis, etc.) or abdominal surgery for patients seeking abdominal contouring
Our Experience Makes the Difference
Dr. Falcone is dedicated to helping you look and feel better both inside and out.
What Is the Cost of SmartLipo™ in Philadelphia, PA?
Additional Body Contouring Procedures
Additional Liposuction Treatments
Call Us Today for a Consultation
To begin weighing your options, you need to schedule a one-on-one appointment. Our goal is information and communication. During your one-on-one consultation, we will discuss your concerns and develop a treatment plan designed specifically for you.
Dr. Victoria Falcone, director of The Falcone Center for Functional and Cosmetic Medicine, is board certified in Family Medicine. She is licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and is a member of The Institute of Functional Medicine, The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS), and The American Academy of Family Practice. Dr. Falcone offers a unique approach to health, wellness, and rejuvenation, helping men, women and children look and feel better both inside and out. Please call today to schedule your initial consultation!
Scheduling and Cancellation Policy
A $1500 deposit is required at the time of scheduling your liposuction procedure. You have 48 hours after making the deposit to cancel the appointment and receive a full refund. After 48 hours, there are no refunds of the deposit but surgery appointments can be moved to another date as long as you are more than 2 weeks prior to the surgery.