Conveniently located in Bala Cynwyd, PA, and serving patients from Philadelphia, Maple Shade, New Jersey, and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania, The Falcone Center For Functional, Cosmetic and Integrative Medicine Advanced Surgical Arts, headed by Dr. Victoria Falcone uses VASERsmooth™ as one option to fight cellulite.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite can make a woman quite uncomfortable when it is time to show their legs in a nice dress or bathing suit. The dimpled appearance of skin can be a source of agony for women who care about their beauty. Although the immediate cause of cellulite is still not well understood, doctors believe that genetics, hormonal factors, and diets play a contributory role in the development of cellulite.
So far, cellulite has been classified into three main categories, namely:
- Grade I Cellulite: At this level, there are no apparent clinical symptoms, but microscopic tests under the skin may reveal changes in the skin cells.
- Grade II Cellulite: At this stage, the area of skin starts to have decreased elasticity. Microscopic tests reveal greater anatomical changes in the skin cells.
- Grade III Cellulite: An orange-like peel appears on the affected area, and the area becomes rougher.
Cellulite can occur in men or women, but it is more common in women who happen to have the highest percentage of connective tissue in their body.
Ways of Treating Cellulite
There are a lot of non-surgical therapies that are purported to treat cellulite. Many of them are not backed by any scientific research and end up proving to be a big disappointment to cellulite patients. Some of these untested methods make use of laser therapy to liquefy and destroy the fat under connective tissues, which though somehow effective, generates a lot of heat which can have long-term negative effects.
What is VASERsmooth™?
In the relentless pursuit of a safer alternative to treat cellulite, VASERsmooth™ has come to be accepted by many clinicians as a safer alternative. The liposuction method uses ultrasound as opposed to the other alternatives that utilize laser heat to liquefying the fat under the skin. Additionally, the liquefied fat is not destroyed and can be redistributed throughout the rest of the body or used for grafting.
How Does VASERsmooth™ Work?
VASERsmooth™ involves cutting out the hardened connective tissue and simultaneously liquefying the underlying fat. One advantage of using VASERsmooth™ to treat cellulite is that the method allows the skin to re-drape smoothly.
VASERsmooth™ treatment also has the shortest recovery period with patients reporting dramatic results within a week. In some cases, however, the results reveal themselves progressively, usually within a span of three to six weeks. The total healing process can take up to six months.*
In a nutshell, you can expect the following if you choose VASERsmooth™ to remove cellulite:
- Smoother Contouring: VASERsmooth™ relieves the majority of dimpling and roughness on the skin leaving your body with a smoother and more natural contour.*
- Quicker Recovery: Unlike other methods of treating cellulite that happen to be aggressive, VASERsmooth™ uses a gentler ultrasound approach, thereby ensuring that the time taken to recover from the procedure is much shorter.*
- Minimized Nerve Damage Risk: On rare occasions, liposuction causes nerve damage. The gentler approach used by VASERsmooth™, however, is much less likely to cause nerve damage.*
- One treatment can provide significant improvement far superior to the non-surgical alternatives such as VelaSmooth™, VelaShape™, Thermage®, or Accent®.*
How Much Does VASERsmooth™ Cost in Philadelphia, PA?
The cost of your VASERsmooth™ treatment depends on factors unique to each patient and the personalized treatment plan that is designed just for you. At The Falcone Center, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and financing via CareCredit®.
At the Falcone Center, we have made an investment of over $500,000 in liposuction, cellulite and body contouring technology. It is our specialty allowing us to be one of the only centers in the region to offer four liposuction methods, the two most advanced cellulite treatments and the latest in non-surgical fat removal, SculpSure™. Visit the Falcone Center for a consultation and receive an individualized treatment plan to help you achieve your goals.
Dr. Victoria Falcone is the director of The Falcone Center for Functional and Cosmetic Medicine. Licensed to practice medicine by both the Pennsylvania and New Jersey State Medical Boards, she is board certified, has a decade’s worth of experience in Cosmetic Medicine, and has specialty training in Laser and Aesthetic Medicine, Functional and Integrative Medicine, Liposuction Surgery, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Medical Weight Loss, Neuromuscular Medicine, Nutrigenomics, Music Therapy and Cranial Osteopathy. Dr. Falcone’s vision is to bring her patients the most advanced cosmetic treatments and techniques to help maintain and restore a more youthful appearance. Please call today to schedule your free initial consultation!